A tropical mix of pineapple and coconut with creamy goodness. it's simple Pina Colada smoothie your favorite drink by the pool is delicious and healthy smoothie recipe to reach for this summer!
Refreshing tropical drink
Today I wanted to share one of my favorite things to do in summer … pina colada smoothies! Something about the coconut-pineapple mixture and the creamy goodness screams for me SUMMER. It's the great refreshment to cool off on a hot summer day and has all of those classic tropical flavors that will make you feel like you're on the beach.
This recipe is super simple and only takes 3 ingredients (plus ice cream) and 5 minutes. As with adding, there are many ways to make it your own. frozen banana and strawberry or with coconut cream to make it a small sweeter and thicker.
Serve in a glass with a fun straw, a fresh pineapple slice or even a pinch of sesame seeds. Whipped cream when you feel cool or a Smoothie bowl with all your favorite ingredients. Either way, just have breakfast or healthy snack idea it's alert now!
Tips for the great pina colada smoothie
- Frozen pineapple. This creates the great creamy consistency. You can buy bags of frozen pineapple at the grocery store or cut a fresh pineapple Cut into cubes and then freeze yourself.
- Stir in coconut milk. Coconut milk tends to separate in the can (solid cream on top and liquid on the bottom). So mix the milk well before using it to combine the 2 layers. You can definitely use your blender to do this, just make sure you put it back in the jar and then measure out 3/4 cup.
- First liquid. As with most smoothie recipes, first pour the liquid (coconut milk) into the blender, then add the remaining ingredients. Not only is this more gentle on your blender, it also makes the smoothie easier to mix.
- Consistency. After mixing the ingredients, check the consistency. If it's too thick, add a small more coconut milk. Or mix with more frozen pineapple or ice cream to thicken them.
Types of smoothies
- Replace sugar with honey to keep it healthier.
- If you want more fruit, mix together 1/2 a banana and 1 cup of strawberries (I recommend both frozen).
- For more protein, add a scoop of vanilla protein powder (this changes the taste slightly, but is still tasty).
- Use coconut cream instead of coconut milk for a thicker, sweeter smoothie.
- Serve as a smoothie bowl with desiccated coconut, more fresh fruit, and toppings like chia seeds.
Turn leftovers into ice cream
This pina colada smoothie can also be used as a great homemade ice cream recipe! Pour leftovers into a popsicle mold and freeze for about 4 hours or until set. Next, run warm water under the mold to loosen the bumps.
My kids love her and have been begging for her all summer. The great healthy snack idea for your small ones to cool off after playing in the hot summer sun. You can also pour the rest of the smoothie into an ice cube bowl and then use the cubes to prepare my favorite dessert. Pineapple smoothie.
Other refreshing drinks:
Pina Colada smoothie
A tropical mix of pineapple and coconut with creamy goodness. This simple pina colada smoothie will turn your favorite poolside drink into a delicious and healthy smoothie recipe that's within reach this summer!
- 3/4 Cup Coconut milk
- 2 to 3 glasses frozen pineapple
- one tablespoon Granulated sugar to taste more
- one Cup ice
For serving (optional): fresh pineapple slices, whipped cream, cherries
- You can abandon out the sugar or replace honey.
- If you want more fruit, you can try adding 1/2 a banana and a cup of strawberries.
- For a sweeter and thicker smoothie, use coconut cream.
Freeze: If you have leftovers, freeze them in an ice cube tray or tray.
Calorie: 273calorie | Carbohydrates: 30thG | Protein: 3G | Fat: 18thG | Saturated fatty acids: 16G | Unsaturated fat: oneG | Monounsaturated fatty acids: oneG | Sodium: 19thmg | Potassium: 366mg | Fiber: 2.G | Sweets: 22ndG | Vitamin A: 96IE | C vitamin: 80mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg
Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of Follow Us. She is also the author of the Follow Us Cookbook. When she's not cooking in the kitchen, Jamielyn loves to chase her four small monkeys and sleep on the couch with her husband.
Never worry about dinner again!