Creamy and sweet pineapple Dole whip It is made in just 5 minutes using 3 simple ingredients. This Disney replica recipe is full of tropical flavors and the great refreshment to cool off on a hot summer day.
Favorite Disney Treats
One of the top things about visiting Disney is all of the delicious goodies! If i love a good one Churro or Mickey Mouse beignetNever miss the opportunity to enjoy a dole whip while you are there. It has the top pineapple flavor and is super creamy and smooth. It almost tastes like a Pineapple smoothiebut in the form of ice. 🙂
My kids missed a Dole Whip the other day, so we decided to make this delicious fake version at home. I tell you, it tastes just like the original recipe and is VERY simple to make with just 3 ingredients. No ice machine or soft ice machine required. Get the same famous consistency just with your blender!
What is Dole Whip?
Dole Whip was originally founded by the Dole Food Company, which was known for its fresh fruit (pineapple is one of the main products). They used their favorite pineapple products to create a creamy soft ice cream that would eventually be served at Disneyland. Refreshing catering has now become one of Disney's favorite treats and is very popular with park visitors. just For Dole Whip.
Tips for Success
- Frozen pineapple. Make sure it is frozen and not fresh. Frozen pineapple contributes to the creamy and thick consistency.
- First add the juice. Pouring in the water before adding ice cream and frozen pineapple will make the mixture easier to mix (and protect your blender).
- Adjust the consistency. When you have it all together, test your consistency. Add more ice to darken it a small. Or pour in more juice to make it thinner.
- Dole Whip Piping. Transfer the mixture to a large zippered bag, then cut off half of the corner end to obtain the infamous soft-serve swirl. Then squeeze the dessert into a glass. This also works with a large star point and a whipped cream bag.
- Serve immediately. After the mixture is mixed, serve the dessert immediately for top results. You don't want it to melt! If you're not alert, you can freeze the mixture until serving (see storage instructions below).
Pineapple Dole Whip isn't the only flavor available at Disney. There are others like strawberries, oranges, limes, raspberries, and coconut. Get creative with the type of fruit you're using or make simple changes to make a sweeter or even dairy-free fruit.
- Use coconut milk instead of pineapple juice and add strawberries (or any other fruit you want).
- Mix it with a few spoonfuls of sugar to make it even sweeter.
- Unleash dairy products by replacing them with coconut ice cream.
- Serve as a float coated with pineapple juice, Dole Whip in a glass or bowl, Whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
If you don't plan to enjoy the Dole Whip right away, you can transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for a few hours. It hardens a small, so you may need to abandon it on the counter for a few minutes to soften before serving. Then use an ice cream scoop or squeeze bag to squeeze the dessert into a glass.
More refreshing desserts:
Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of Follow Us. He is also the author of the Follow Us Cookbook. Jamielyn loves to chase four small monkeys and sleep with her husband on the sofa when she's not creating in the kitchen.
Never worry about dinner again!