Fall Apart is a delicate and perfectly seasoned Casserole Salsa Chicken, a 4-ingredient recipe, great for busy nights! Use it on tacos, burrito bowls, or enjoy it as is.
The slow cooker can make your life a lot easier, especially on busy weekdays! Simple dishes such as Casserole stuffed peppers, Slow Cooker Peanut Stew, Or this salsa chicken makes it a lot easier to cope with the early 5pm rush.
Serve this salsa chicken with tacos, burritos. Taco salad or as a commence! It's also great for meal prep and can be assembled in freezer packs.
Reasons you might arrive across this recipe
- Made from a few simple materials that you may already have on hand
- is ideal for the preparation of meals and can be pre-assembled as a freezer casserole
- is versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes, including tacos and burrito bowls
Check out the video below to see exactly how to make your own Casserole Salsa Chicken! You can find more in my recipe videos. Youtube channel.
- chicken– You can use boneless and skinless chicken breasts (3-4 hours low) or skinless skinless chicken thighs (4-5 hours low) to make this recipe.
- Salsa– Choose your favorite salsa and when serving this to your kids be sure to select a light salsa
- Chili powder Refers to a chilli-based mixture and does not refer to pure paprika powder. Here is a recipe if your grocery store doesn't have a light mix.
Step by step instructions
1. Combine- Mix salsa, chili peppers, and cumin seeds together in your slow cooker. Stir until the spices dissolve, then add the chicken. Using tongs, turn the chicken until it is evenly covered with liquid.
2. Cooking Put the lid on the slow cooker and turn the slow cooker down 3-4 hours (for chicken breasts) or 5-6 hours (for chicken drumsticks).
3. Shred When the chicken is fully cooked, use tongs to transfer it to a clean bowl. One electric hand mixer two forks for chopping chicken.
4. Service Throw the chicken back into the cooking liquid until it is evenly covered. Enjoy it now or save it for later.
Slow cookers vary widely in the temperature settings and the high setting can be very strong. For chicken breasts, it's top to use the low setting, which is softer and less prone to overcooking.
It may vary on different models of slow cookers, but generally 3-4 hours at a low temperature is enough to cook a chicken breast. To be on the secure side, you can use an instant readable thermometer to make sure your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 ° F when placed on the thickest part.
I successfully cooked this at my age 6 liter instant potI haven't tried it on the newer (and more vulnerable) 8-quart model, however. You can try and if you obtain a burn warning add ¼ glass of water and try again. 8 minutes of high pressure for chicken breasts, 10 minutes of high pressure for thighs, both with rapid depressurization. Drop us a comment to let us cognize how you're doing!
How to serve chicken salsa
- Burrito bowl– serve with rice (or Cauliflower rice), Corn and Black beansCheese, pico de gallo and your favorite additives
- Quesadillas- Add grated cheese and fresh tomatoes. See healthy chicken quesadillas
- Wraps- Top with lettuce, grated cheese, avocado and sour cream
- Nachos Best tortilla chips with salsa chicken, jalapeno, tomato, red onion, pepper and cheese
Preparation and storage of food
Warm up leftovers / food
Salsa chicken is very simple to store in both the refrigerator and freezer. This is how it works:
- Allow to cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container or reusable silicone bag.
- Store in the refrigerator (4 days) or freezer (3 months).
- Stir in hot in the microwave or in a pan, stir and heat in a pan with tongs until the heat has evaporated.
payment my favorite food prep containers!
A casserole freezer bowl is front mounted and frozen before cooking. That way, you just toss the ingredients to cook in the slow cooker and skip all measurements. This is a great recipe to prepare for an expectant baby.
Here's how you can turn this recipe into a frozen food:
- Combine chicken, salsa, chili powder, and cumin in a freezer bag or silicone bag or 8-cup bowl for meal prep. Stir to mix and remove as much air as possible.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw completely and then cook as directed on the recipe card.
NOTE- Be sure to label the bag with thawing and cooking instructions
Slow cooking chicken recipes
☆ Did you make this recipe? I would love to hear how it turned out! Leave me a rating and star rating in the comments below. Your comments are very helpful!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken (4 ingredients!)
Fall Apart is a delicate and perfectly seasoned Casserole Salsa Chicken, a 4-ingredient recipe, great for busy nights! Use it in tacos, burrito bowls, or enjoy it as is.
2- This refers to a light red pepper base mix that can be found in the spice section of your grocery store. Do not use pure ground pepper
3- Nutritional information is for 4 ounces of chicken; about breast or ½ cup shredded chicken.
Cooking half a party
If you want to split the recipe in half, you'll need to use a small (2.5 liter) slow cooker. Otherwise, the liquid will be too lean, it may not cover the chicken, and it may dry out.
Let cool completely and divide into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Heat the chicken in a pan over medium heat with tongs to stir and rotate for 5 minutes, or in the microwave until hot. until it's hot.
- Combine chicken, salsa, chilli powder, and cumin in a freezer bag or silicone bag or 8-cup bowl for meal prep. Stir to mix and remove as much air as possible.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Thaw completely and then cook as described on the recipe card above.
Offer: 0.5Mug (note 3) | Calorie: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 5G | Protein: 24G | Fat: 10G | Saturated fatty acids: 3G | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 547mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: oneG | Sweets: 2 ..G | Vitamin A: 710IU | C vitamin: 1.2mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1.8mg