Summer is the time to enjoy your living space outdoors – your patio, your garden, your balcony or your patio. However, consider enjoying them in the shade of one of these awesome pergola design ideas. Depending on where you live, a pergola in your garden can be an important detail to protect you from the weather. Where you place your pergola can also affect your choice of materials.
If you have a garden, natural gazebos with ivy or climbing plants are great. Plant it so that there is enough time to cover the structure for you to enjoy extra shade. When the patio is open, you can select from natural materials like sugar cane, wood or bamboo. However, if you are looking for sturdy and durable fabric, canvas, or fabrics with UV protection, these are the top options.
Don't overlook the modern clever pergolas that allow you to control their operation remotely from your smartphone! Below are some astonishing pergola design ideas that you can use to add one to your own outdoor living space. Be sure to look under each image for more details and resources.
Tell us: Which of these pergola design ideas inspired you the most and why in the comments below!
1. Backyard pergola design. The rays of this pergola are positioned for optimal sun coverage. The lanterns were custom made by a company called Steven Handelman Studios in Santa Barbara. They are physically attached to the pergola structure and work on a switch in the house. Outdoor teak furniture is available from Smith and Hawkin at Target – similar ones can be found at Restoration Hardware or Gloster. The pillows are from restoration accessories. The porch is approximately 10 × 20 in size. (Over Carol Abbott)
2. Pergola design attached to the house. A traditional gazebo-shaded patio of a house in San Francisco, California. The chairs are from Restoration Hardware. (Over Lauren Nelson Design)
3. Open kitchen and dining. The gazebo-lined outdoor kitchen of a Minnesota home. (Over Mom's design structure)
4. Backyard Tree Canopy Shelter. In a backyard in the Midwest, a pergola shades natural stone and an open kitchen island completed by Dekton. The cooking and dining area is also protected by a pine roof. The open kitchen island and bar includes a cooking and preparation area with a dimmable pendant light. This relaxation area is ideal for entertainment. (Over Ispiri design build)
5. Pillar pergola. A custom-made pergola made from coarsely sawn cedar sits on the back patio of a Maryland home. Sikkens products were used for the stain and concealer. There are 8 × 8 inch poles in the pillars that the pergola is attached to. The tile is patterned Pennsylvania Bluestone. (Over ENVIRONMENTS Landscape architecture + construction)
6. Open the fireplace and pergola. This cozy transitional patio features patio furniture from Restoration Hardware. The cushions and table are specially made. (Over Eugenia Jesberg interior design)
7. Invitation to the open courtyard. This outdoor oasis invites you to live comfortably outdoors. Dining al fresco under a shaded gazebo is complemented by a comfortable living area with plush cushions and pillows overlooking the sparkling pool. (Over Nice house)
8. Reed Pergola Terrace. Natural heather, reed or thatched roofs consist of galvanized wire branches of these materials, which avoid oxidation and create a more or less dense surface. They are bought in rolls and also have artificial versions. This shade structure offers an inviting break with its comfortable furniture and breathtaking views of the Mediterranean Sea. Acapulco chairs can be found on CB2. (Over Al Mueble)
9. Backyard oasis. An outdoor living room in Wisconsin is shaded by a pergola with comfortable wicker furniture. Tiki torches create a great evening atmosphere. (Over Edmunds Studios Photography for the contractor Modern edge design)
10. Arched pergola. If you like the French provincial look, this thatched pergola is the great aesthetic. Eating al fresco, surrounded by potted plants, provides a relaxed atmosphere. (Over Carex design)
11. Pool House Pergola. One pool house has a pergola extension that shades a hanging swing bed. An idyllic place to take a nap after diving in the swimming pool! (Over Mom's design structure)
12. Green pergola. An artisanal home in Seattle provides this lush oasis. Fuchsia in hanging baskets adds a touch of color to this outdoor deck. (Over RD Interiors)
13. Wood colored pergola on a porch. On the back patio of a Boise, Idaho home is a shaded gazebo with semicircular stone seats around a fire pit. There is a dining area on the opposite side. (Over Yardscapes northwest)
14. Fiberglass pergola-covered tub. Pergola not only defines this outdoor spa, but also protects against the elements. Fiberglass pergola, Arbors Direct. This is an 8×14 pergola (for posting). The beam is made of double 2 × 8 prefabricated fiberglass (the wood will overhang at this distance). The mast is 8 & # 39; x 8 & # 39; Glass fiber. Made of panels ACRYLIC – Two-layer plexiglass, which is widely used in greenhouses. The paving is called Natural Blue Pennsylvania Bluestone. (Over Fine Decks Inc.)
15. Fabric pergola. Canvas pergolas are a very comfortable and durable option for your patio. The fabric protects it from the elements and you can install it with wooden pillars, aluminum or metal structures. (Over Al Mueble)
16. Pergola with fireplace. Cedar pergola, unfinished and naturally weathered. The stacked stone fireplace provides warmth and ambience, while cobblestones define this outdoor space. (Over Green apple design)
17. Wisteria Vine Draped Pergola. A 16th-century farmhouse on the Tuscan coast has a gazebo that can accommodate 25 guests in March and June under a centuries-ancient blossom. In summer you can enjoy relaxing meals under this rustic gazebo with table and chairs from various sources. Unopiù. (Over terrace)
18. Illuminated pergola. Decorate your gazebo-protected patio with lights and simple chandeliers for a charming al fresco dining area. (Over Al Mueble)
19. Pergola lit by lights. A Los Angeles home has this lovely rustic wooden pergola that shades a fun outdoor living space. (Over Baker patios)
20. Wood with a green roof. Wisteria are a fabulous climbing plant to cover your garden pergola with. It is deciduous and its main attraction is its aromatic flowers, which can be pink, lavender, or white. It is cold-resistant and exposed to direct sunlight for efficient flowering. Thanks to its hanging grapes, this open-air dining room exudes magic. (Over Al Mueble)
21. Pergola Closed Open Bar. A kitchen window transition window opens 90 degrees and pops out. This fantastic outdoor recreation area is ideally located next to the pool. (Over Renewal of the three birds)
22. Horizontal wall made of pergola and wood. Pergola In the back yard of a San Francisco house is this country-style patio for al fresco dining and barbecuing. Domestic plantings add to the overall aesthetic. (Over Height architects)
23. Pergola with louvers for high entertainment. This lovely rope deck has a modern tiled chimney wall, a privacy screen with wood accents, a beer fridge with a tap, a cable railing, a pergola with a lamellar roof, outside heating and outside lighting. An idyllic place to entertain guests or to relax and watch TV with the family.
24. Rustic pergola. This shaded al fresco dining area is great for family and friends. In front of this oasis full of plants there are simple wooden tables and chairs. (Over Similar ideas)
25. Open living room. This California home features honeysuckle climbers for added shade and a tropical feel. The custom-made furniture was designed by Trip Haenisch and covered with perennial outer fabrics. The cocktail table is from Holly Hunt. (Over Architectural summary)
26. Open the sky. A tropical garden surrounds this open space in Bahia, Brazil for a sense of calm, privacy and shade. Hang rattan swings on your gazebo to relax outdoors on the patio. You can find similar vibrations at: Serena and Lily. (Over Life out of Lufe)
27th century pergola design. This Denver patio oasis features a tall high bar table and kitchen counter attached to pergola posts. A concrete fire pit is surrounded by seating. All garden furniture except bar stools and dining room chairs arrive from Room and Board. (Over Colorado landscape)
28. Bamboo pergola design. The roof of the pergola is covered with bamboo intertwined with grapes. Wisteria, a lovely and sturdy climbing plant, can live up to 100 years and cover a large area up to 15 meters in height. While a Java teak table is covered with a tablecloth, Coco-Mat It has colorful pillows. (Over Al Mueble)
29. Outdoor dining terrace. This lovely open space has a tree stump based dining table. Cobblestones are carved with grass instead of mortar. A rustic candle holder on the pergola creates a romantic atmosphere for outdoor dining. See the rest of this magnificent home here: Tour this lovely rustic barn in Greenwich, Connecticut. (Over Douglas VanderHorn Architects)
30. Outdoor Fun Oasis. In Hermosa, Beach, California, a backyard deck offers a complete outdoor recreational experience. A modern pergola houses a dining area with a kitchen / bar. The pergola also has a stone column base and heaters. (Over JDS OUTDOOR DESIGNS)
31. An inviting retreat in the backyard. This lovely Trex deck is the ultimate in entertainment. A concrete fire table has a special cedar bench that hovers over the deck. The dining area is defined by a self-supporting aluminum pergola and a cable rail system. There is also a barbecue and prep area. Cedar facades create a feeling of intimacy throughout the terrace landscape. (Over Boyce Design and Contracting)
32. Indoor fireplace area. The pergola is open to the elements, so an outdoor fan was used here – Curva Sky 52-inch LED ceiling fan made of oil-rubbed bronze LED for indoor and outdoor use with light and remote control (3 blades). The wiring is in the recessed area above the pergola. The outdoor TV is weatherproof but comes with a recommended cover when not in use. A stone wall serves as an additional seat next to the fireplace and serves as a flower pot. (Over GardenWise)
33. The modern coastal retreat. This cozy outdoor living area has an elegant beach feel and neutral sand and blue tones with organic accents. There is plenty of seating while the fireplace adds warmth and ambience. (Over Smith Firestone Associates)