Probably every pet owner has grappled with at least once in their life that their pet had an incident on the carpet or on their favorite sofa. After that, a terrible aroma will appear in the apartment, the elimination of which will undoubtedly be problematic, since, as practice shows, not everyone knows how to do it correctly. How can I remove the odor of cat urine from the carpet and avoid it from occurring in the future? We will try to find answers to these questions.
Basic rules that you must follow:
To ensure that your cleaning process is completed successfully and that the odor of cat urine really disappears completely, keep the following tips in mind:
- You need to wipe the puddle as soon as possible before it can absorb. If the carpet is well wet and the urine has time to obtain wet, the cat can return to this place regularly.
- Never treat this area with substances that contain ammonia as the result will be the opposite and all you need to do is obtain the cat's attention.
To obtain rid of the unpleasant aroma of the rug at home, attempts can be made to clean the rug and use specially purchased products sold in pet stores or chemical stores. natural cleansing recipes. However, what are the most effective methods?
The most effective ways to deal with the odor of cat urine
When worrying about how to obtain rid of the smell of cat urine on the carpet, keep in mind that the most popular natural cleansing recipes today, like a few decades ago, are the most popular natural cleansing recipes. But in order for the result to be positive, and after a few hours the smell does not reappear, you need to cognize exactly what and how to do it. You can use the following tools:
- Laundry soap (you need to use one based on glycerin). Wash generously with a medium-difficult sponge and then walk directly over the carpet. Now release the foam and wait for it to dry completely. After that, the cleaned area must be washed thoroughly.
- Glycerin. As practice shows, this is the substance that is considered to be optimal for eliminating such aromas. Glycerine can not only absorb carpets, but also all other surfaces.
- Soap and hydrogen peroxide. Mix 100 ml of peroxide, a teaspoon of liquid soap and fill it with 150 ml of cold water. Now sprinkle soda on the affected area and let it sit for a few hours. At the end of this time, spray the prepared liquid directly on the soda and rub it over the carpet until it produces foam. Then the composition should be allowed to dry completely. It is necessary to remove its residue with a vacuum cleaner;
- Vinegar. As soon as you detect a puddle, as often as possible soak it with toilet paper or ordinary napkins and fill the stain with vinegar solution (vinegar should only be mixed with water in a ratio of 1: 3). When the liquid dries, pour some baking soda over the stain. You can only clean the residue the next day, this is done with a vacuum cleaner.
The most common mistakes
Often times, cat owners wonder why the scent doesn't go away completely after cleaning. In most cases this is either because the wrong preparation was selected for processing or simply because the cleaning was done incorrectly. You shouldn't do the following:
- Use products that contain ammonia. Trying to remove the stain with their help, do not doubt that after a while the cat will go back to the same place.
- Remove odors with perfumes and various refreshments. If such an aroma is confused with the smell of urine, then it will be impossible to breathe in the apartment.
All of the methods described are effective enough to deal with the odor of cat urine. However, if you have a cat, you should obtain professional carpet cleaning services three or four times a year. It's important to reach out to a company that is known for their effective cleaning methods and using animal-friendly cleaning products. ProLux carpet cleaning is the company whose services are used by thousands of pet owners in London. If you are looking, you can take advantage of the special discounts and various promotions that they have prepared for their customers!