If you have a small laundry room or just a laundromat somewhere in your house, these bright room-space ideas will help you freshen up your space. Proper and efficient storage of this small space is vital to the proper storage of essential laundry. This can have open shelves so you can easily find what you are looking for. You may want to divide your simple needs into labeled boxes.
If you have space, a place to sort your laundry can be very efficient. This is where front loading washers / dryers are ideal for your countertop. You may also have a wheeled car that you can keep somewhere when not in use. Laundry bins are also useful. There are industrial ones on wheels that can be moved as needed. You can also remodel a closet to store laundry baskets.
You can also consider where to put your ironing board behind a door or hang it on your wall. You can also turn the drawer into a small foldable ironing board. Additional foundations can be a clothes horse that can be installed between the closet, or you can install an accordion on the wall. We have lots of great small laundry room ideas to obtain you started.
Tell us: Which of the following small laundry room ideas inspired you the most and why in the comments below!
1st cupboard laundry room. When space is tight, consider an underutilized closet and maximize space by surrounding the washer and dryer with smart solutions. (About Lowe's home renovation)
2. Open the shelves. This tiny laundry room has open shelves for simple storage and a folding table for your laundry. If you have trouble reaching the top shelf, make sure you have a step stool on hand. This way, you can have shelves close to your ceiling height without having to worry about accessibility. (About Kristina Crestin Design)
3. Drop-down drying rack. Installing a drying rack in your laundry room saves space and comes in handy when you have a lot of delicate laundry. Some hang from the ceiling, others pull them down. If you're using the delicate cycle, this drying rack solution is a great investment for your small laundry room! (About Jane Lockhart design)
4. Add a laundry pen. This may seem like an added luxury in a small washroom, but it will help make your space more efficient. You can use the space between two cabinets or under a cabinet to hang your delicate items. This also provides the ability to store additional clothing as needed. (About From Fitz Design)
5. Stackable washer / dryer. Buying a stackable washer and dryer is a great space-saving solution to maximize your laundry space. This allows you to expand your floor plan so that you have more space for laundry needs. (About Stefani Stein)
6. Space-saving folding station. This functional laundry room has plenty of counter space with a washer / dryer underneath. A clothes hanging rail and sink are great for washing hands and treating stains. The work area also offers plenty of space for sorting clothes and removing stains. (About Soda Pop Design Inc.)
7. Easy laundry separation. Industrial canvas laundry baskets with wheels can be rolled from your closet into your laundry room. This enables simple laundry separation in dark and light colors and can easily be placed directly in front of your washing machine. You can find the same rolling paths at the link provided. (About Steele canvas)
8. Use all available storage space. This small washroom is located in a basement staircase and makes full use of the unused space. Opening shelves and a small closet help store essential laundry. Stray socks can be hung with decorative wall hooks. ((Sealy Design Inc.)
9. Retrieve information with confidential storage. The residents hide the washing machine and dryer below, the laundry and a hanging rod and the cupboards above. The upper cabinet has glass doors to showcase decorative pieces. While this streamlined appearance prevents clutter, the case acts as a soundproofing barrier against the noise of the machines throughout the day. (About Guthmann construction)
10. Multifunctional study table. This laundry room has a bench for organizing laundry, folding clothes, and treating stains. Underneath there is space for a dog bed, on the other side there is a water station and even a feeding station. There is a drying rack that opens at the top. Everything you need in one room. (About Stefani Stein)
11. Add functional touches. The design is in the details of this difficult-working, highly functional washroom. Storage boxes on the counter above the washer / dryer keep laundry organized and out of sight. A homemade curtain made of fabric will help hide the washer / dryer when not in use. Wall hooks allow you to hang your delicate clothes on hangers to dry. Wall-mounted metal baskets help you sort dirty clothes and can be easily removed if you need extra space. (About Alexandra Crafton)
12. Organize yourself with open shelves. If you have a small laundry room, a stackable washer / dryer will help optimize your space. Ideally, there is a small freestanding sink next to the washer / dryer, while the most important laundry supplies can be easily stored on open shelves. A wall hook hangs on the ironing board. (About thea home inc)
13. Pedestal under washer / dryer. Pedestal bases help lift your devices off the floor and make loading and unloading easier. They provide ample storage space for everything from laundry detergent to dryer to keep the clutter out of the laundry room. For your information, Sherwin Williams Slate Tile works top with alder cabinets. (About Simple and chic)
14. Corral clutter in baskets. Use baskets or wooden boxes (available from Target or The Container Store) to group different laundry for storage. This allows you to create a visual layout and keep your items in small, simple-to-grab boxes. The washer / dryer is a freestanding Miele 24 front loading washer and dryer. (About Adams + Beasley Associates)
16. Functional linen cupboard. The pop-up rack can be expanded for folding and ironing and is pushed back when not in use. Wooden shelves are used to store laundry. (About Amy Storm and Company)
17. Separation of laundry under the counter. If you're looking for a place to store laundry outside of your bathroom or bedroom, consider turning the cabinets into sorting bins. Two drawers in this washroom are cut to fit plastic barriers. The width of each ledge is 24. Laundry baskets are 11 "x 18" and are purchased from Solutions (similar ones can be found in the Container Store). Line up the lights, dims, and towels in these boxes for organization. (About Chabot Interiors)
18. Add utensils to your countertop. If you run out of space, cast away the plastic containers. Use decorative containers to decorate your countertop, store your laundry detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, and even clothespins. See the rest of this exciting home here: Beautifully converted ancient sea captain's house in Sausalito. (About Urrutia design)
19. Closet transformation. If you live in a small house, apartment, or apartment, or if you don't have space, this is a great solution for small laundry rooms. This is a two door cabinet, but deeper than a typical cabinet. There is a garnish strip between the cupboards to dry delicate laundry. This area is also used to store extra clothing for t-shirts and sweaters. For your information: Backsplash tiles are 1 × 2 stainless steel mosaic tiles from Origin tiles. (About Clean design)
20. Use curtains to hide laundry. If you're doing laundry in the hallway or open closet, consider adding curtain cladding to hide the washer / dryer. Curtain cladding can also hide the entire laundry area. While they don't help to weaken the sound, they create a more attractive aesthetic. Shiplap gives this room a farmhouse feel. (About Mark Ashby Design)
21. Remove the ironing board. An empty drawer can be converted into an ironing board. Pull out the ironing board when you're alert to use it and slide it back neatly when not in use. Your ironing board is no longer visible and gives your laundry area a modern look. (About Choice Home Renovation Inc.)