Delicious roasted spaghetti and pumpkin boats are topped with a hearty meat sauce. It is delicious stuffed spaghetti squash It's the healthy, low-carbohydrate version of the Italian classic.
Now don't obtain me wrong … nothing is a bowl full cooked pasta covered with Homemade spaghetti sauce or Bolognese. But when I'm trying to eat healthier, this recipe comes pretty close! He definitely goes there when I crave Italian food. You won't even miss the pasta!
I'm always behind healthy dinner ideasand this spaghetti squash with meat sauce is a modern favorite. Replacing zucchini with pasta is an simple way to transform a classic Italian meal into a healthier, low-carb option with the same delicious taste. Perfect if you're doing a full 30 laps or trying to cut down on your carbohydrate or gluten intake.
And let's be honest … who doesn't love something filled ?! Not only are they fun to serve as spaghetti pumpkin boats, but they're also simple to clean. They have the great "noodle" / sauce ratio and are packed full of flavor with every bite.
How to Make Spaghetti Pumpkin Boats
- PUMPKIN. Halve the pumpkin vertically, apply olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place inside out on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Then turn it over (so the outer shell is facing up) and cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Next, use a fork to pull the spaghetti strings off the middle. More tips for how to cook spaghetti squash.
- MEAT SAUCE. While you're roasting the pumpkin, make the meat sauce. In a large pan, sauté the onion and garlic until tender, then add the ground beef and seasonings. Cook until the meat is golden brown, then mix the marinara and diced tomatoes. Let the sauce cook for about 15 minutes.
- ASSEMBLY. Put the pumpkin skin on a plate and put the meat sauce in the middle room. Add a pinch of fresh basil or parmesan if you'd like. Then enjoy it with a fork!
- Don't be afraid to use ground turkey instead of beef. You can also replace the beef with sausage or use a mixture of both.
- Puree instead of meat sauce Marinara and homemade meatballs (or Turkey meatballs).
- For a cheese top, fill the zucchini with sauce and sprinkle some grated cheese on top. Then put the pumpkin in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts and foams.
- You don't have to serve this dish in spaghetti squash boats. You can take the zucchini strips out of the shell with a fork and serve them in a bowl with meat sauce.
There are many ways to make zucchini stuffed with spaghetti. Any of the following combinations are delicious!
- Pesto: Shredded Chicken, Basil sauce, Mozzarella
- Alfredo: Alfredo sauce, Chicken, parmesan, fresh basil
- Grill: Bbq chicken, Mozzarella, red onion, coriander
- Buffalo: Buffalo chicken, mozzarella, red onion
- Mexican: Taco meat or Salsa chickenCheese, guacamole and Salsa
Stuffed spaghetti squash
Delicious roasted spaghetti and pumpkin boats are topped with a hearty meat sauce. This deliciously filled spaghetti squash is a healthy, low-carb version of an Italian classic.
- 2 .. Spaghetti squash
- 2-4 teaspoon olive oil
- S & P. , taste
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion , hacked
- 2 .. Garlic cloves , hacked
- on lb Ground beef or Italian sausage
- on teaspoon kosher salt or table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- on jug Marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 14th ounce Tomatoes can be diced evacuated (optional)
For serving: parmesan, basil
Preheat the oven to 400 ° F. Halve the pumpkin vertically. If you have trouble cutting, score a few minutes with a knife and microwave.
Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 15 minutes. Then flip it over (so the outer shell is facing up) and cook another 20 to 30 minutes, or until the inside is easily delivered with a fork.
Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes. Then use a fork to scrape the wires off the middle.
Add olive oil to the pan and heat over medium to high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft (about 3-5 minutes). Then add the garlic and cook for another minute. Then add the ground beef and spices. Cook the meat until golden brown.
Add marinara sauce and diced tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes without a lid.
Pour the sauce directly onto the spaghetti pumpkin boat and add fresh basil and parmesan if desired.
Calorie: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 48G | Protein: 29G | Fat: 18thG | Saturated fatty acids: 6thG | Trans fat: onG | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1772mg | Potassium: 1663mg | Fiber: 11 ..G | Sweets: 24G | Vitamin A: 1434IU | C vitamin: 33mg | Calcium: 185mg | Iron: 7thmg
Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of Follow Us. He is also the author of the Follow Us Cookbook. Jamielyn loves to chase four small monkeys and sleep with her husband on the sofa when he's not creating in the kitchen.
Never worry about dinner again!