Sweet and savory Christmas Chex Mix It is made up of just 5 simple materials. This is the great undercooked dessert recipe to keep in your back pocket during the busy holiday season!
If you are looking for a simple and absolutely delicious meal Holiday dessertThis Chex mix is a great option! No need to heat the oven or stove … a no bake recipe just Use the microwave. Check out my realms for easier vacation favorites Microwave candy or Microwave caramel.
We love this sweet and savory white chocolate chex mix (also known as Christmas Nutty Chex or Christmas White Litter). It's the great dessert to make up when you need a last minute treat. I always have everything on hand in the pantry and can do it in under 30 minutes without cooking.
Also great Neighbor gift. Put the dessert in a cute bag and tie it with some baked twine. There is nothing better than gifts from the kitchen! And believe me, your neighbors will definitely thank you for this pleasure later. Very tasty and Seriously addictive!
5 simple ingredients
- Chex muesli: You can use rice or corn chex if you'd like, or a mixture of both.
- Cheerios: These also add a kind crunch. Both simple nuts and honey nuts are delicious.
- Pretzel: I love using pretzels that are cut in half. You add a salty ingredient to the snack mix.
- M & Ms: Use Christmas M & Ms to add a pop of color and a bit of the Christmas cheer!
- White chocolate: Use good quality white chocolate for top results (I like Ghirardelli melted waffles).
How to Make a Christmas Chex Mixture
- COMBINED Muesli, pretzels, and M&M together in a large bowl.
- MELT Beat white chocolate in steps in the microwave until smooth. Be careful not to over-cook the chocolate or it will burn.
- TOUCH Put the chocolate on top of the cereal mixture and mix well. Then spread the mixture on a piece of waxed paper and let it cool for about 15 minutes (or until the chocolate has hardened completely).
- Use peanut M & Ms instead of regular ones, or even a mixture of both.
- Add peanuts for an even salty taste.
- Mini pretzels work in place of pretzels.
- Mix in some holiday sprinkles to make it even more festive.
- Sometimes I add small candies when they're in the pantry.
Storage + freezing
Once the chocolate has set, break the mixture into pieces and store in an airtight container (or ziplock bag). It is stored in the counter for 3 days and in the freezer for 3 months.
More Chex-Mix recipes:
Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of Follow Us. He is also the author of the Follow Us Cookbook. Jamielyn loves to hunt four small monkeys and sleep with her husband on the sofa when he's not creating in the kitchen.
Never worry about dinner again!