Fresh Pear salad It is topped with mixed greens, juicy pear slices, pomegranate seeds, candied walnuts, feta cheese, and balsamic sauce. This is the great salad to serve at your Christmas dinner this year!
This is one of my favorite holiday salads! It always looks kind and tastes good on the dining table. Definitely on me Thanksgiving menu this year.
There are lots of heavy starters during the holidays, so it's kind to have a fresh and healthy variety on the table. This pear salad is one of my favorites for Thanksgiving or Christmas. autumn salad or Apple, cranberry and spinach salad. The flavors are delicious this time of year!
I also like to buy enough ingredients to make extras. After a day of pampering, my body usually wants a large salad. This is the great way to obtain some extra fruits and vegetables after a holiday. It's so delicious that you don't even remember it's healthy!
- Greens: Spinach, rocket or spring mix taste good.
- Pears: Use ripe pears for top results. To test maturity, press your thumb against the skin of the pear (near the stem). If it is soft and shakes slightly when pressed down, it can be enjoyed.
- Pomegranate seeds: Not only are they delicious, but these seeds add a kind pop of color too. You can plant your own pomegranate or buy packaged seeds from the supermarket.
- Cheese: This is my favorite feta cheese when making pear salad. Gorgonzola or goat cheese work too.
- Sweetened walnuts: You can do it yourself candied walnutsor buy them in advance.
- Dressing: Balsamic sauce perfectly balances all flavors. You can also simplify vinegar with red wine vinegar.
How to make a pear and pomegranate salad
- Combine Greens in a large bowl.
- Add sliced pear, candied walnuts, pomegranate seeds and feta cheese.
- Drizzle Salad dressing and tossing until well mixed.
Tips + changes
- Pears brown quickly, so cut them into slices just before serving.
- You can use regular walnuts if you'd like. The taste of walnuts is great too.
- Dried cranberries also work in place of pomegranate seeds.
- Add something for even more autumn flavor Roasted pumpkin or roasted sweet potato.
- Add the rest Turkey or roasted chicken to cook a full meal.
More holiday snacks:
Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of Follow Us. He is also the author of the Follow Us Cookbook. Jamielyn loves to hunt four small monkeys and sleep with her husband on the sofa when he's not creating in the kitchen.
Never worry about dinner again!