Delicious Banana split dessert Covered with a Graham cracker crust, cream cheese filling, fresh bananas, strawberries and homemade whipped cream. This simple no-bake dessert is great for cooling off this summer!
This dessert is a fun twist on ancient fashion banana split. It all has the same flavors, but is served in cake form rather than in a classic sundae. It's the great refreshing summer dessert for a crowd and it's great Bring the dish to a grill.
I'm a large fan of No-bake desserts in summer and this banana split dessert is high on my list. This recipe is the great way to turn your beloved sundae into a delicious dessert for a crowd. It has everything you love about an ancient fashioned banana split, plus some!
It is coated with a butter-graham cracker crust, pineapple cream cheese filling, fresh strawberries and bananas, and homemade whipped cream. Finally, the traditional toppings such as chocolate syrup, chopped nuts and maraschino cherries. Talk about a taste party in your mouth!
3 delicious layers
CRUST. The dessert starts with a delicious Graham cracker crust made with a mixture of graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. After combining, press the crust evenly into the bottom of a greased 9 × 13 inch baking dish. I like cooling my crust in the fridge for a few minutes so that it settles.
FILLING. Next is the filling, which is a mixture of soft cream cheese, drained pineapple and sugar. Mix it with a hand mixer and then pour it onto the crust. Then add a layer of freshly cut bananas and strawberries.
COATING. Homemade whipped cream is the last layer. Mix the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla until soft tips form. Make sure to freeze your bowl and mixers for about 10 minutes before the tips form faster. Then spread the whipped cream evenly over the fresh fruit. Cool the dessert until serving.
Add all of your favorite banana split toppings just before serving! You can lay them over the entire dish or garnish each slice after covering.
- Hot fudge or chocolate syrup
- Chopped nuts
- Maraschino cherries (without stem)
- More sliced bananas or strawberries
- Toasted coconut
Tips for success
- It is very important to grease the dish. The crust will stick to the bottom if you don't.
- Place your mixing bowl and whipping cream mixer in the freezer. This helps the soft tips form faster and gives it a fluffy consistency.
- It takes about 5 minutes for soft tips to form when the whipped topping is made. You can see that they have formed when you turn off your mixer, pull the stirrers straight out of the whipped cream, and there are tips that form dots that curl back into the bowl and slowly sink back into the bowl.
- If you plan to garnish the top of the dessert with slices of banana, the pineapple juice from the crushed pineapple can be reserved and used to protect the bananas from tanning.
- If some strawberries stick through the whipped cream layer, they can be covered by adding side dishes.
- To serve, use a spatula or serving device that matches the size of the piece to be served to hold the piece together.
Easier no-bake desserts:
Banana split dessert recipe
A delicious banana split dessert with a graham cracker crust, cream cheese filling, fresh bananas, strawberries and homemade whipped cream. This simple no-bake dessert is great for cooling off this summer!
- 1 1/2 cups Graham breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 16 Ounces cream cheese softens (two 8-ounce packs)
- 8th ounce can crushed pineapple drained
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 16 Ounces Strawberries peeled and sliced
- 3rd Bananas , cut
- 2nd cups fat whipped cream
- 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Optional side dishes: chocolate syrup, chopped walnuts, maraschino cherries, additionally cut bananas and strawberries
Grease a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray and place a medium-sized mixing bowl and mixing equipment in the freezer.
Mix the Graham Cracker crumbs and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add melted butter and stir until combined. Press into the bottom of the baking dish. Place the dish in the refrigerator or freezer so that the crust will stick.
Combine the softened cream cheese, the drained pineapple and the sugar with a hand mixer. Take the baking dish out of the freezer and spread the cream cheese mixture on the crust.
Place the banana slices evenly in one layer on the cream cheese mixture. Add a slice of strawberry over each slice of banana.
Take the mixing bowl and the mixing devices out of the freezer. Beat the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until soft tips form. Spread over the strawberry-banana layer.
Chill to serve.
Sprinkle with chopped walnuts before serving. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Then top each individual portion with a maraschino cherry. Additional banana and strawberry slices can also be used for garnish. You can also select to garnish each serving after serving.
If you plan to garnish the top of the dessert with slices of banana, the pineapple juice from the crushed pineapple can be reserved and used to protect the bananas from tanning. To serve, use a spatula or serving device that matches the size of the piece to be served to hold the piece together.
Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 37G | Protein: 5G | Fat: 37G | Saturated fatty acids: 21G | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 287mg | Dietary fiber: 2ndG | Sugar: 25thG | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg
To meet Jamielyn Nye
Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of Follow Us. She is also the author of the Follow Us Cookbook. When she's not creating in the kitchen, Jamielyn loves to hunt her four small monkeys and snuggle up on the couch with her husband.
Never worry about dinner again!