This greek pasta salad is full of rotini noodles, veggies, feta cheese and tossed in a red wine vinaigrette. A delicious and simple side dish recipe that’s great for summer.
One of my favorite summer side dishes to bring to a BBQ is pasta salad. They’re always simple to make and the cold pasta tastes great on a hot day. This simple recipe combines the flavors of a classic pasta salad with my favorite Greek salad. It’s so delicious!
This Greek pasta salad is refreshing, full of color, and tossed with a red wine vinaigrette. All the flavors and texture in this salad arrive together so well and taste astonishing together. It’s the great potluck salad to make for a large crowd and is always one of the first to go. You can also easily make it a main dish by mixing in some grilled chicken. It is one of my favorites!
How to make greek pasta salad
PASTA. Cook the pasta according to directions, then run under cool water and drain.
DRESSING. While the pasta cooks, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
TOSS. Combine noodles, veggies, olives and feta in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and mix until combined. Then chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Variations + tips
- You can easily swap out or abandon out the vegetables in this salad. I cognize many prefer kalamata olives instead of black.
- You can use a store bought Greek dressing or red wine vinaigrette for a fast option as well.
- You can use a different type of noodle. I prefer ones with grooves to help hold the dressing. Rotini, fusilli, bow ties or cavatappi are my favorite noodles to use. You could even use orzo.
- Make sure to salt your pasta water well while cooking. This will help add flavor to the dish.
Making in advance
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s the great dish to make ahead of time. The veggies are on the crunchier side, which means they won’t obtain soggy sitting in the fridge when mixed with the dressing.
You can definitely make the salad a day or two in advance if preferred. Then before serving, make sure to give it a large stir. You may need to add in a small more vinaigrette if it has dried out a small from being refrigerated.
More salad recipes you’ll love:
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
Full of rotini noodles, veggies, feta cheese and tossed in a red wine vinaigrette. A delicious and simple side dish recipe that’s great for summer.
- 1/2 pound rotini pasta
- 1 1/2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber , sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup red or orange bell peppers , chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 2-3 Tablespoons Fresh parsley , chopped
Greek pasta salad dressing
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper , to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water while cooking the pasta. Run pasta under cool water and drain.
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, mustard and oregano in a small bowl.
Combine pasta, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, red onion, olives, and feta cheese.
Drizzle dressing over the pasta and stir until combined. Season salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until alert to serve, to let the flavors marry. Toss just before serving.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 693IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 1mg
meet Jamielyn Nye
Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of Follow Us. She is also the author of the Follow Us Cookbook. When she’s not creating in the kitchen, Jamielyn loves to chase her four small monkeys and snuggle up on the couch with her man.
Never worry about dinner again!