As simple as that BBQ pulled pork Preparation with 5 simple ingredients only takes 5 minutes. It is perfectly juicy and tender with a delicious grill flavor. Do it in the crockpot or instant pot!
This is one of the easiest Slow cooker recipes out there. Slow cooking of the pork really helps to make the meat super tender and aromatic. It is so delicious! If you'd rather use a lean piece of meat, check out mine Crockpot BBQ Chicken.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are one of my summer recipes. They are ideal for family celebrations and barbecues in the garden. This recipe only takes 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare. It cooks all day, so put it on the slow cooker first thing in the morning. This is my favorite recipe because it is so simple and the meat is so juicy and tender.
We love to serve this BBQ Pulled Pork as sandwiches on a bun or homemade buns, on Nachos, Cobb salads and more! It is even well packaged in a homemade tortilla or salad wraps. This is one of those meals the whole family will love!
How to make pulled pork in the slow cooker
- Washing and drying. Make sure you wash the pork first and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- season. Put the pork in the slow cooker and prick it a few times with a fork. Pour in 1/2 cup of water, BBQ sauce and liquid smoke and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the pot. Cook at low temperature for about 10 hours until the pork breaks up easily.
- Shred and enjoy. Remove from the slow cooker and chop the meat with 2 forks. Discard excess fat. Then put the pork with the juices back into the pot and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Serve on a hamburger bun or on a salad.
- Don't disturb the pork. Make sure that the lid stays sealed throughout the cooking time so that it steams and becomes super tender.
- You don't need to sear the meat first, but if you want, you can sear it in a pan over medium heat with a small oil. Cook each side for about 2 minutes, then go to the slow cooker.
- You can use shop-bought sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Rays) or use it homemade BBQ sauce. You can even mix two sauces together to obtain a sweet and smoky taste.
Can I use an instant pot?
Absolutely! Just follow these instructions below.
- Cut the meat into 4 pieces.
- Put all ingredients and an additional 1/2 cup of water in the instant pot and close the lid.
- Let cook for 60 minutes at high pressure. Then do a natural release for 15 minutes. When the pork is frozen, increase the time to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Favorite pages next to it:
Another great thing about this recipe is that it's great Frozen meal. If you have any leftovers, just let the meat cool and put it in a freezer bag. Make sure that the air from the bag is sealed so that there is no freezer burn. Then store in the freezer for up to 3 months. If you want to enjoy it, just let it thaw overnight in the fridge.
Ways to use leftover BBQ pulled pork
Pulled pork recipe
It takes only 5 minutes to prepare this simple BBQ pulled pork with 5 simple ingredients. It is perfectly juicy and tender with a delicious grill flavor. Do it in the crockpot or instant pot!
- 3-4 lb Pork loin or boneless shoulder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke , optional but recommended
Wash the pork and then pat dry.
Slow cooker pulled pork: Put in the slow cooker. Pierce pork several times. Add 1/2 cup of water. Pour BBQ sauce and liquid smoke over it. Then sprinkle salt and pepper over it. Cook for 10 hours on a low setting or until lightly shredded.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork: Cut into 4 pieces, prick with a fork and put in the instant pot. Add 1 cup of water. Pour BBQ sauce and liquid smoke over it. Then sprinkle salt over it. Put the lid on and put it under high pressure. Let it cook for 60 minutes and then slowly release it naturally for 10 minutes.
Remove the pork and chop it with 2 forks. Remove excess fat. Put it back in the saucepan and let it sit in the juices for 15 minutes or until serving. Serve on a roll or salad.
If you cook pork in the slow cooker, do not remove the lid before 10 hours. You need the steam to make it tender. Freezer instructions: Add pork to a zippered freezer bag (make sure all air is removed) and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 18thG | Protein: 31G | Fat: 6G | Saturated fatty acids: 2ndG | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 743mg | Potassium: 608mg | Dietary fiber: 1G | Sugar: 14G | Vitamin A: 96IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21stmg | Iron: 1mg
To meet Jamielyn Nye
Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of Follow Us. She is also the author of the Follow Us Cookbook. When she's not creating in the kitchen, Jamielyn loves to hunt her four small monkeys and snuggle up on the couch with her husband.
Never worry about dinner again!