Perfectly caramelized Smooth carrots This is a crispy and sweet hint. It only needs 3 simple ingredients and can be made in a stove, oven or casserole!
These brown sugar carrots are very simple to prepare and a delicious side dish for every dinner. We love to do it roasted parmesan carrot But when I wanted something sweeter, those candied carrots hit it there.
They're not that cute, but they have a great secret to satisfy the craving. I love how butter and brown sugar caramelize together and then obtain slightly crispy in the oven. So delicious!
3 simple contents
- Carrot (cut or baby carrot)
- Brown sugar
How to make glazed carrots
- BOIL. Pour 1 cm of water into the ovenproof pan over medium heat. Boil the carrots for 3 to 5 minutes.
- JACKET. Drain the water and add butter and sugar. Stir until golden. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fry in the oven. Place the carrots in the oven and fry for 10-15 minutes or until the fork is soft and caramel colored. Alternatively, you can continue cooking in the pan until soft.
These glazed carrots can also be easily made in casseroles. Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook for 3 hours. They are not caramelized in the casserole. If you want them to caramelize, fry them in the oven for another 5 minutes at 425 ° C.
Other useful tips
- Carrot type – This recipe can be made with all types of carrots, but I prefer peeling large carrots and cutting them into about 1/2 3 3 "pieces. You can also use baby carrots, but these will take a small longer to cook Using baby carrots, I usually cut them in half.
- Healthier barter – For a healthier alternative, you can give honey soil for brown sugar.
- To be ahead – If I want to make these carrots in advance, I prefer the one-pot cooking method. Put all the ingredients in the baking dish and cook for 4-6 hours low or 3 hours high. When you are alert to serve later, quickly fry them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes to caramelize them.
What happens to glazed carrots?
These caramelized carrots are a great side dish! They are very simple and arrive together quickly. They go perfectly with the main courses below. For example, we want to make them especially for the holidays Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner or Easter brunch.
Other recipes for roasted vegetables:
Perfect caramelized glazed carrots with a crispy and sweet touch. It only needs 3 simple ingredients and can be made in a stove, oven or casserole!
- 2 .. lb Sliced carrot (You can also use baby carrots)
- 3rd tablespoon Salted butter
- 2 .. tablespoon Brown sugar (or honey)
Preheat the oven to 400 ° F.
Pour 1 cm of water into the ovenproof pan over medium heat. Add the carrots and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the water and add butter and sugar. Stir until golden. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Place the carrots in the oven and fry for 10-15 minutes or until the fork is soft and caramel colored. Alternatively, you can continue cooking in the pan until soft.
Keep it warm in the pan until alert to serve. Pepper and salt to taste. If you like, fill it with fresh herbs.
Crockpot version: You can also make these glazed carrots in a stew. Put all ingredients in the baking dish and let cook for 3 hours. If you want them to commence caramelizing, fry them in the oven at 425 ° F for another 5 minutes.
Calorie: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 18thG | Protein: oneG | Fat: 6G | Saturated fatty acids: 3rdG | Cholesterol: fifteenmg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 483mg | Dietary fiber: 4thG | Sweets: 11 ..G | Vitamin A: 25435II | C vitamin: 8.9mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 0.5mg
To meet Jamielyn Nye
Jamielyn Nye is the creative director and founder of Follow Us. He is also the author of Follow Us Recipes. If he doesn't make it in the kitchen, Jamielyn likes to hunt four small monkeys and sleep with his husband on the couch.
Never worry about dinner again!