Enjoy a simple summer barley salad with corn, blueberries, goat cheese and almonds in a simple white wine sauce. This fresh, light and hearty salad is the great picnic meal!
Barley feels like a "wintry" ingredient, especially when you think about it Cabbage barley salad or this Chickpea barley. But does it go well with corn, blueberries and goat cheese? Barley salad is great for a summer dinner or a picnic!
My great salad will always contain: healthy cereals, tons of vegetables, something sweet, some CHEESE and something that is causing this crisis. This summer barley salad has it all, thrown into a clear white wine salad dressing!
And I love this recipe because it's so fresh and tasty and great for summer!
The reasons why you love barley salad this summer
- light and fresh with bright aromas
- full of seasonal summer products
- Perfect for barbecues, potlucks and picnics
Wondering how this recipe came together? Watch this 1 minute video to see how simple it is to prepare! More recipe videos can be found here: Youtube channel.
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later use!
Fresh corn gives the top taste
This summer, the barley salad benefits from the selection of the freshest ingredients such as corn on the cob. If you can use canned corn *, fresh corn is much sweeter and juicier. You can cook and cook your corn on the stove for 10 minutes, but today is my favorite way to cook corn Immediate crucible! Corn is cooked in a pot before it cooks.
This salad was originally made with grilled corn, and although this was an option (and adds a kind charred taste), I found that over the years I didn't like the chewy texture that grilled corn got.
For those who love goat cheese
This salad definitely has a strong goat cheese taste. Goat cheese not only gives the salad a kind creamy texture, but also gives it a spicy and slightly sour taste.
If you stand on the fence because of goat cheese, you can cut it in half or exchange it for feta.
Exchange + variations
- Pearl barley – exchange for quinoa or rice
- sliced almonds – Swap for your favorite nuts! Sunflower seeds go well with other flavors in this salad.
- Goat cheese – exchange for feta cheese
- Parsley- Glade for chervil, spring onions or fresh basil
- White wine salad dressing – my favourite Multipurpose salad dressing This gives the salad a great taste, but you can swap one of them. 7 simple salad dressings
- Barley is not gluten free, but you can trade quinoa
- This salad is absolutely top when served in a salad dressing immediately after tossing. However, all ingredients can be prepared up to 4 days ago and stored separately:
- Cook and chop corn
- cook and let the barley cool
- Shake the salad dressing
- Make a meal – add cooked chicken or chickpeas to add some protein and make this salad a full meal
- This recipe is great for grilling! Serve with
Would you like more summer salads?
Summer barley salad with corn and blueberries
Portion: 6 Sections
Enjoy a simple summer barley salad with grilled corn, blueberries, goat cheese and almonds, all in a simple white wine sauce. This fresh, light and hearty salad is the great picnic meal!
- one Cup Pearl barley uncooked
- 4th Ears Corn cobs
- one Cup Blueberries
- 1.2 Cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 Cup Red onion cut
- 4th self Goat cheese crumbled (113 g; see note *)
- 1/4 Cup parsley (Fragmentation)
- 1/4 Cup White wine vinegar
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 .. tablespoon honey
- 1.2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
Boil the barley according to the directions in the package. Let cool completely.
- Cook corn using your favorite method. I cook on the stove for 10 minutes or Cook in the finished pot.
Let it cool slightly, then cut the seeds out of the corn.
Combine barley, baked corn, blueberries, almonds, red onions, goat cheese and parsley in a large bowl.
Shake all vinaigrette ingredients in a glass and cast the salad into the vinaigrette.
* This salad has a strong goat cheese taste. If you don't like goat cheese, halve the amount or exchange it for white cheese.
** This salad is top served. Leave the goat cheese covered and squeeze for another 1-2 days.
Portion: one/ 6 parties | Calorie: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 37G | Protein: 9G | Fat: 17thG | Saturated fatty acids: 4thG | Cholesterol: 8thmg | Sodium: 80mg | Potassium: 189mg | Dietary fiber: 6G | Sweets: 9G | Vitamin A: 420II | C vitamin: 5.7mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.9mg