this Homemade floury tortilla It tastes like they arrive from a Mexican restaurant. You only need 4 ingredients and have hot toast in less than an hour!
We do a lot of things Cooking shelf They have been getting a small more creative lately and in the kitchen. I wanted a taco night a few days ago, my family loves Mexican food. We ran out of bread, so I decided to make this homemade version from scratch. You can never buy bread in the store again … These are very simple and tasty!
These are traditional flour breads and have a much better taste than bought shops. It is also much easier than you think. I've tried many tortilla recipes in the past few months and that's the top.
The top thing about this recipe is that you only need 4 ingredients and I bet you have everything in your pantry. You will have hot toast in less than an hour. This bread was so fresh and tasted like it was from a flat Mexican restaurant!
How to make homemade bread
Prepare the dough. Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl or bowl of your blender. Add the oil and then slowly Add warm water and mix for a minute with a dough hook, cutter, fork or hands. Add enough water until the mixture turns into a soft batter.
Knead and share. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 1 minute. Then cut the dough into 12-16 pieces. This recipe makes 12 large breads (8-9 ") and 16 small breads (6-7 makes). Press on each piece of dough to make a small slice (but don't remove it yet). Then cover it with one damp towel and let it rest for 30 minutes.
Roll the bread. After resting, place the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper and commence rolling with a rolling pin. Press the circle in the middle, then rotate it 45 ° and rotate it again. Rotate the tortilla, then repeat it circularly and on the other side until it is about 8-10 inches.
Cook in the pan. Heat a moderate pan and cook each tortilla until the top begins to bubble and brown spots appear for about 15 to 20 seconds. Then turn around and cook for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Be sure to use warm water and add something every time. You don't want to add the water too quickly, otherwise the dough will not bond properly.
- Cover the bread with a damp cloth and rest. This helps shape the gluten and make the dough work easier.
- If you are trying to roll and pull back the dough, let the dough rest for another 20 minutes.
- Use 2 pieces of parchment paper to roll the dough so it doesn't stick and add too much flour. You don't want to add a lot of flour, otherwise they're dry.
- A tortilla warmer is a great way to keep bread while cooking. You can also preheat the oven to 175 ° F and place it on a baking sheet to keep it warm.
This flour bread freezes very well. Allow to cool completely before freezing. Then pour into a large freezer bag and turn off the air. An simple way to do this is to use a pipette and suck the air out of the bag. This way the bread freezer will not burn. It works perfectly! Then store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. If you want to enjoy it, melt and heat it in the microwave.
Favorite ways to use bread: