This smoky sweet potato hummus is sweetened with sweet potato, chipotle and lime. Ready in 20 minutes, this is a healthy, protein-wealthy snack!
Homemade hummus is about a thousand times more delicious than what is bought in the store. It is also very simple to make in different flavors like this 7 astonishing hummus recipes. This smoky sweet potato hummus is delicious and delicious, and thanks to the sweet potato it is super creamy!
Hummus is a great protein-wealthy snack served with pita chips, crackers, or vegetables.
If I love well classic homemade hummusSometimes it is fun to be creative with flavors.
This smoky sweet potato hummus is a reader's (and personal) favorite! It's a small bit sweet, smoky, creamy and delicious.
Causes of smoky sweet potato humus
- vegan and gluten free
- A fun and unique hummus spin with sweet and smoky flavors
- Full of protein and ideal for food preparation
Don't forget to pin this post to save it for later use!
Let's talk about materials
- sweet potato – We'll steam before hummus
- chick-pea – You can use canned baked chickpeas, but for creamy hummus I like to cook my own chickpeas from scratch
- Chickpea liquid– Don't cast it, we add it to the humus to make it creamy and smooth
- garlic. Tahiniand olive oil – Required for any great hummus recipe
- Adobo sauce – From a can of chipotle pepper … add 1-2 chipotles to make it hot!
- Spice – Salt, cumin, coriander, pepper powder
- lime – balance the rest of the aromas and give the humus a small southwestern flair
Food preparation tips
- Start steaming your sweet potato – do it on the stove or Immediate crucible
- Keep the liquid in your chickpea box to properly dilute your hummus.
- You need a food processor for this recipe, a high-performance mixer * may work *, but has not been tested
- Storage – This humus stays in the fridge for up to 1 week and can be frozen for up to 3 months
Find my favorite food processor and other kitchen appliances my shop!
Is the hummus hot?
When you add the chipotle pepper, it gets a small spicy. Skip the chipotle pepper to make the sweet potato hummus smoke-free without spices, and just take the adobo sauce.
Increase the spice factor by adding 2 Chipotle peppers at will.
Can hummus be frozen?
Yes! I like to freeze mines in mason jars (abandon 1/4 empty to account for expansion and abandon the gaps ajar until they're frozen solid).
Can I use scratch chickpeas (instead of canned chickpeas) for these hummus recipes?
You can definitely, and your hummus will be even smoother. Replace canned chickpea liquid with cooking liquid, but cut it in half and add more if necessary.
Look mine Instant Pot Chickpea Recipes.
Looking for more hummus recipes?
Smoky Sweet Potato Hummus Video
Wondering how this hummus recipe came together? Watch this 1 minute video to see how simple it is to prepare! More recipe videos can be found here: Youtube channel.
This article was first published in 2019. It was reissued in 2020 with modern photos, recipe tips and a video.
Smoky sweet potato hummus
A notch is thrown with hummus, sweet potatoes, chipotle and lime. These hummus are lower in calories than normal hummus, but you never cognize!
- 11 oz sweet potato (peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes – 300 g, about 3.5 cups or 2 small sweet potatoes)
- 1 lime (Juiced)
- 1 Cloves garlic (Chopped)
- 15 oz chick-pea (or 19 ounces; filtered but fluid)
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Adobo sauce (from a box of chipotle peppers)
- 1-2 dried peppers (optional; for seasoning)
- 1.2 teaspoon salt
- 1.2 teaspoon cumin
- 1.2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1.2 teaspoon Pepper powder
- Canned chickpeas or cooking liquid (Reserve from canister or pot)
Fill a saucepan with 2 inches of water. Add the steam basket and sweet potato. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let cook for 15-20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are cutlery. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool.
Put the lemon juice, garlic, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, adobo sauce, chipotle, spices and sweet potatoes in a food processor equipped with a steel knife.
Mix high and drizzled chickpea liquid along the groove until you have the desired consistency.
Scrape off the sides of the food processor and process until it is completely smooth.
Serve with flatbread, vegetables or crackers.
Servings: 1/ 12 lots | Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 17thG | Protein: 5G | Fat: 9G | Saturated fat: 1G | Sodium: 524mg | Potassium: 224mg | Life: 4thG | Sugar: 3rdG | Vitamin A: 3747II | Vitamin C: 3rdmg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2ndmg