Prepare these cauliflower cashew lunch bowls on time and prepare business meals for the week! Roasted cauliflower, roasted cashew, barley and chickpeas are thrown into a delicious honey-ginger salad dressing!
I love a hearty, healthy vegetarian lunch that you can enjoy without warming up Cold sesame noodle meal preparation cups or Southwestern Sweet Potato and Lentil Salad. Another great simple and satisfying recipe are these cauliflower cashew lunch bowls!
Fried cauliflower, pearl barley, fried cashew nuts and chickpeas have a mild, slightly nutty taste, which creates a harmonious, irresistible taste bowl. These bowls fill up amazingly and fill up with fuel in the afternoon!
This recipe is enough to create 4 separate bowls for preparing dishes that are great for a healthy lunch during the week.
Causes of these cauliflower cashew husks ♡
- simple preparation of dishes with simple, healthy ingredients
- Vegetarian (simple to prepare vegan!), But packed with protein
- Keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days and becomes delicious longer
Don't forget to correct this recipe for later use!
The materials you need
- barley– Go to pearl barley. Quinoa works great for a gluten-free option!
- cauliflower– 8 glasses with a small cauliflower head. Use pre-diced cauliflower with short cubes!
- chick-pea– a can that has been drained and rinsed, or make it yourself for added flavor Instant Pot Chickpea Recipe!
- Cashews– I used roasted + salty cashew for extra flavor.
- Honey ginger salad– a super simple sauce made from olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard and grated ginger
Food preparation tips
A complete batch of cauliflower-cashew lunch bowls can be easily produced with just a few steps and my simple tips:
- multitasking – First cook barley, then fry the cauliflower and mix the salad dressing while everything is cooking.
- Cashews – You were warned: cashew nuts intention If it is kept in the refrigerator, soften it. If you really want this crispy factor, add it just before serving.
- heater – I like to eat it as a cold salad, but cauliflower cashew bowls can also be absolutely hot! Ben likes to heat it in a pan and add fried eggs for an extra boost of protein.
- storage – These trays are kept in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. I do not recommend freezing.
Find my favorite kitchen appliances and cookware my store!
Can I replace chickpeas with another vegetarian protein?
In any case. Cooked brown lentils also work well. Let me cognize in the comments if you try this or any other legume option!
Is this recipe gluten free?
barley Not gluten free. Replace quinoa with an exquisite gf option with a similar texture.
Can I make it vegan?
Yes! Simply put the maple syrup instead of honey and you're good to go.
Other vegetarian ideas for lunch:
How to Make Cauliflower Cashew Lunch Bowl Video
Are you wondering how to make these lunch bowls? Watch this 1 minute video to see how simple it is to prepare! More of my recipe videos Youtube channel.
Note: This recipe was first published in 2019. It was reissued in 2020 with modern photos, tips and a modern video.
Cauliflower cashew lunch bowls
Prepare these cauliflower cashew lunch bowls on time and prepare business meals for the week! Roasted cauliflower, roasted cashew, barley and chickpeas are thrown into a delicious honey-ginger sauce!
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup White wine vinegar
- 2nd tablespoon honey
- 1.2 teaspoon dijon
- 2nd teaspoon Grated ginger with a fine grater
- 2/3 Cup uncooked pearl barley (about 2 cups cooked)
- 1 cauliflower cut into bite-size pieces (8-10 glasses)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1.2 Cup Cashews
- 15 oz chick-pea (drained and rinsed)
Cook the pearl barley according to the instructions in the package. Set aside to cool.
Preheat the oven to 425 ° F.
Squeeze the cauliflower in a large bowl with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spread the cauliflower on a large baking sheet.
Cauliflower occasionally spins for 20 to 30 minutes until it is soft and golden brown.
Shake all vinaigrette ingredients.
Bring all the salad ingredients together, divide them into 4 closable lunch boxes and chill them until alert to eat.
I recommend rinsing a few times before cooking the barley to remove excess starch. To keep cashew nuts crispy, keep them apart until the day of service. Lunch bowls can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Servings: 1bowl | Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 77G | Protein: 23G | Fat: 10thG | Saturated fat: 2ndG | Sodium: 438mg | Life: 21G | Sugar: 18thG