A home office can be a great alternative to everyday work, but it doesn't have to be boring. If you create a creative home office full of personality, you can stimulate creativity and work more productively. If you spend most of your working day at home, it is important to create a comfortable and pleasant work environment.
Your office space can be a complete renovation of your home, but it can be a creative addition anywhere. This can conclude a corridor under the stairs, in the closet, in your living room, in your kitchen, in your bedroom, in your laundry room or in a guest room. If you don't really have extra space, use your dining table! The idea is to be creative, but make sure you have a comfortable chair. This is the key to productivity.
If you feel stressed or scared, try adding genuine or LED flame candles. Diffusers also work; a room scent like lavender oil promotes relaxation. You can find them anywhere online, just the keyword "aromatherapy diffusers". Check out some great ideas below and make sure which of these creative home office ideas inspired you the most and why you let us cognize in the comments below!
Note: Don't forget to check out the other inspiring home office ideas we've featured here in One Kindesign: 28 Fantastic home offices with libraries for creative inspiration and Great ideas for a home office in 25 bedrooms.
1. The shabby-chic home office is a shared creative space for children and adults. This creative space is decorated with popular decorative items, including vintage collections and furniture, artwork, and craft projects. The wallpaper is called Celadon color Cranley by Cole & Son. Table Alex drawer unit IKEA. Miniature metal chairs are a decorative product from Pottery Barn. (via Interior only)
2. If you have no space, turn a garbage cabinet into a cozy home office. 12 wide double-flat Masonite doors are cut so that they look like shaking doors. Curved mirror inserts are glued with mirror adhesive. The office chair was seen on eBay. The inside of the cabinet was 75% painted in Passive SW 7064 – Sherwin-Williams. (via Modern craft construction)
3. This stylish home office has a lacquered cabinet from Farrow & Ball Plummett. Billboards are covered with MDF and are manufactured by The English Noticeboard Company. You can also attach the cork to your wall and cover it with fabric for use as a message or inspiration board. The chairs are Ercol dining chairs painted with spray paint. (via Turner Pocock)
4. This inspiring home office in the Scandinavian home has a small wooden table, which is highlighted by an IKEA chair from the 1950s. Look for "ancient Danish chairs" to find something similar. Panels can be intelligently mounted on the wall for the breeze or used as a message middle. (via Isabelle McAllister)
5. This table is in the living room of an 800 square meter apartment in New York. This practical area is located near the fireplace in the living room and has a window with daylight on the other side of the table and the summer sun. In winter, the chimney crack can be used for warmth. Yellow mustard table Pearl River MarchTable chair cartel. A gallery wall has things that make the host smile! (via Rikki Snyder)
6. Made by a company called Slat Wall and Coordination Accessories storewall. The chair is manufactured by Calligaris in Italy and is available from the Bay Bar stool. The area is grounded by a colorful carpet made of FLOR carpet tiles. Framed group posters of the Jermaine Rogers art collection on the wall. The table top has a sustainable base material. Baltix A special design is printed on the material. The legs are from IKEA. (via Fox Interiors)
7. A DIY table can go perfectly with your home if you want to do something unique and personal. Visit your local hardware store or online to find wood saw horses that can be painted in the color of your choice. Paint a piece of raw tree to fit it. (via Hege in France)
8. The office space can be carved anywhere in your home, wherever space allows. Here the open wall area is fully exploited. Natural light from the window and door is a mood enhancer and offers scenes of nature. You can copy the same view without a built-in desk using something like a secretary desk. The wall clock is the antique station clock. Wall paint color is Benjamin Moore 1/2 decorator white 1/2 linen white. (via Alice Black Interiors)
9. It is important to stay organized by organizing your home office. Wall systems like this from Pottery Barn can store and publish loose paper, organize your calendar and stick your favorite quotes or photos on a pin board. (via Pottery warehouse)
10. If you buy your items in thrift stores, a home office area doesn't need a lot of money. Tables and chairs were found in an ancient antique shop. The chair fabric was recycled using a special edition that can be found by the host. here. The plant on the shelf is mother of pearl. (via Return to trip)
11. A contemporary home office in Amsterdam. If you're looking for DIY to add to your office, try a fabric-related newsletter or inspiration board. This will help you personalize your space and increase your creativity. This is a soft film (cork film, foam core) that is covered with fabric. First attach the fabric to the back and then glue it in place. If you have a window on your desk, add a cut foam belly board to each wall side of the window. (via the iride)
12. This comfortable work area has a blackboard for writing inspiring messages or daily reminders. The wall is only blackboard paint and can be colored in any desired color (Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams). The blackboard color is completed by a wall covering on the subject of books – Ex Libris 114/15029 – Fornasetti Senza Tempo – Cole & Son. The table and the chairs are from the world market. (via Cross interior design)
13. A table on wheels can be an ideal solution for your home office, especially if the space is versatile. This special work table consists of a walnut top with a base in lacquer quality. Table 3 measures 6 x 6 measures. On the wall is a Pottery Barn pinboard. The lighting of the board is from Schoolhouse Electric. (via Jute interior design)
14. An insignificant space for this home office has been converted into a work and craft area. If possible, try to design your office space in an area with natural light. This really helps to develop your mood at work from home. Add personal details to make this space yours. (via House nerd)
15. Bright and fun colors in your office can be what you need to inspire your business. The chair is from Soho Concepts. Desktop material butcher block with blue Bisley filing cabinets underneath. Regina Andrew does the lighting. (via InDesign)
16. Increase your home office space by placing your table in front of a window with a view. Natural light increases productivity and increases your mood. The added bonus is the look. (About Lauren Koyln HGTV)
17. This home office invites you outside. If your home office doesn't have a natural view, there are still creative ways to incorporate the elements of nature. Decorate with green and brown colors that inspire nature like a graphic curtain. Or use plants to promote nature, which helps develop indoor air quality. According to the Lung Institute, the five most important plants for increasing the oxygen content in your home are: Areca Palm, Snake Plant a.k.a. Mother-in-law, money factory, gerbera daisy (Gerbera jamesonii), Chinese evergreens. (About Rachel Simpson HGTV)
18. This home office and creative retreat propose colorful inspiration patterns. The table chair is a hit of the classic Madmoiselle chair, which is saved from a special fabric (you can take the strokes anywhere). When the lamp was in West Elm, the table was specially designed and built. Floating shelves are Ikea Lac Racks. Cole & Son wallpaper.
19. This stylish home office maximizes a comfortable corner. The table and chair of this home office were purchased from Coveted Home in Kansas City. From the award-winning artist from Kansas City, Roy Inman photos. The table lamp comes from Design Workshop. (via Katy Sullivan Designs)
20. An apartment in the Upper East Side of New York has a cozy corner of the living room, which is suitable for small offices. The table was made by Katy Skelton. The wall color is Farrow and Ball Hague Blue. (via A. Jennison Interiors)
21. A grid-free house by Canadian designer Sarah Richardson maximizes the hallway with these comfortable office spaces. Even if the view in front of your window isn't spectacular, it's always a good idea to have your office next to a window. Your small office feels bigger due to the natural light. Additional lighting is provided with ceiling lighting and a desk lamp. (About Stacey Branford HGTV)
22. Try to be creative to save your budget while decorating your office. This home office has pieces of cardboard that are painted in different colors and attached to the wall. A similar idea is to use lean white foam core sheets and paint in different colors. Attach to the wall with 3M double-sided tape. Inspirational, colorful and invigorating. The floor is made of concrete and painted white. (via Phillips collection)
23. Maximize storage space with shelves and built-in materials for organization and clutter in your small office. This room has a private desk with shelves. The chair inspired by Eames was collected from a gift and reupholstered in white leather. A collage of framed black and white family photos gives this room personality. Next to the photos is a large bull's head, a foam sheet and a handyman who uses gouache paint. A colorful Ikea rug is lying on the floor. (Via Tracey Ayton HGTV)
24. In the case of a home office area, try to find a small used space in your home. This home office is located under the stairs and is about 6 feet long. Wall paint Sherwin Williams – Tansy Green # 6424. Jackson cabinet)
25. An industrial style workspace in a small studio can stimulate creativity. The trio of floating racks are IKEA Ribba tracks. The lamp is also from IKEA. Similar creativity can be found on posters and fake deer head sculptures Etsy. The weathered wooden table is called the "beer table", which is often used outdoors in Amsterdam. It has a light gray tint and the legs are painted darker gray. You can obtain the same look with the restored / relocated board and folding table legs. (via Vosgesparis)