As Aristotle once said, "Friendship is a single soul that lives in two bodies." Friendship is one of the lowest values, because if you feel and have someone to share happiness with, life will be sweeter.
There are many ways to celebrate true friendship and keep it in your heart and memory: pictures, songs, poems, jewelry and even architecture. However, some people claim that a BBF tattoo is one of the most touching and creative ways to show devotion and love to your top friend. The design and layout is very symbolic and extremely personal.
If you are a tattoo lover and have a top friend, celebrate your friendship this way. Here are the most searched designs for Best Friend Tattoos and cool friend tattoo ideasIf you want a colored friendship on your skin, you should think about it.
Little birds (swallows, sparrows, owls)
Small bird tattoos often adorn top friends' wrists, arms or ankles, and in most cases the most popular designs are pictures of swallows, sparrows and owls. Their meanings are:
- In ancient times, the swallows were ambassadors because the seafarers were close to land, so the modern meaning of this design is a secure journey home. This meaning applies to friends who live far apart. In addition, these birds select friends only once and are very faithful, so this design tells about love and loyalty. In addition, the swallows show that the person has recovered from many difficulties. This also applies to top friends who have been through many difficult situations together. And if there are two pictures of swallows, it shows freedom.
- Sparrows were associated with loneliness in ancient times, but some people saw them as guards who led their souls to heaven. He later became a sailor tattoo, which meant protection. In the meantime, the sparrows stood for loyalty, eternal friendship and freedom. A pair of flying sparrows also means endless true love, loyalty and monogamy. The winged sparrow shows a wide mind.
- Owls are mysterious creatures and many ancient legends are associated with them. The Greeks and Egyptians associated the owl with wisdom and intelligence. It is also a sign of the afterlife and magic. When the owl tattoo is combined with the moon, this combination tells of good intuition and the ability to follow dreams. In addition, owls commit to the top friends in life who go hand in hand.
Thick and lean tattoo
This common BBF stereotype means that people go through good times and bad times together. While thick represents good times, lean stands for bad times. Friends who endure many difficult situations wear this design.
Nail (script) tattoos
Often the top friends decorate their bodies with inscriptions that matter to both. It may be that it touches the texts, inscriptions that express the power of emotions among friends, e.g. "You will never go alone." The inscription on the TV series "Friends" also shows that they are fans of the TV series and also perceive everything in life with humor.
Symbol of celtic friendship (celtic knot)
This Celtic symbol means friendship, love and family. It appeared after AD 450 and is related to the uninterrupted life cycle with prosperity and disruption. This tattoo means that friendship will have a long life despite all the accidents.
Moon and sun tattoo
Sun means energy, strength, vitality, renewal and rebirth. The moon shows fertility and growth.
Sun and moon arrive together in one design and symbolize the unity of opposites. In ancient times, the sun was an active symbol and symbolized male power, while the moon as a passive symbol meant feminine serenity. Therefore, this design is the main principle in life: good or bad things are connected, and everything in the world has dark and light sides. Friends who wear these tattoos have different characters, but they have a strong friendship! And if you're looking for moon tattoo designs, it's better to look at another collection.
Puzzle pieces tattoo
The main meaning of this tattoo is a deep connection with another. A piece of the puzzle symbolizes that its owner is empty without the second half. It can also strive to merge with the very dear person in the heart.
This design can also show that someone or something is missing in the owner's life. Friends select this tattoo to express their appreciation, admiration, gratitude and love for each other.
A heart is very symbolic for friends because it is believed that true friends have a heart for two. Obviously, this design is associated with love, spirituality, friendship. However, depending on the variation, this design can have different meanings.
A broken heart and a black heart are reminiscent of a loss, the winged heart symbolizes freedom and a cheerful nature, the Celtic heart shows strength and unity. It also represents a belief in the sacred heart that is often shown surrounded by thorns, a crown and a pierced sword.
A lock and heart tattoo also means devotion and love, and a stitched heart tattoo shows that the person's heart is broken, but then it will recover.
Gone are the days when tattoos were only considered fashion symbols. People crave meaningful tattoo designs these days. Don't worry, we have a whole collection of targeted tattoo designs to help you select the great one for women based on your personality and thoughts.
Pink oath tattoo
This cute tattoo is great for friends! A pink oath is a gesture that symbolizes the correspondence between people when people snap their small fingers. This design can show that two friends will never fight.
Tattoo an infinity symbol
This tattoo is special for friends as it symbolizes eternal friendship. It is also a special symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism as it means reincarnation and rebirth. It can also show the infinite possibilities that every person has in his life. This design can be simple or can be supplemented with various additional details such as quotes, hearts, shapes.
The feather occupies a special place in many cultures and stands for anticipate, spirituality, courage and freedom. For Native Americans, feathers were symbols of leadership and protection. Depending on the type of feather, the tattoo has several meanings.
For example, an eagle feather symbolizes courage and leadership, an owl feather vision, a raven feather knowledge, peacock feather beauty and hummingbird feather intelligence.
An anchor is one of the first designs to decorate the human body. Some researchers claim that anchor means the unity of male and female principles. It also refers to anticipate, stability, loyalty and protection. When the anchor is combined with the eagle, it means that it is alert to serve, a rose and an anchor are the ultimate sacrifice, and an anchor and heart show mercy. The Celtic anchor also represents the idea of interdependence.
This tattoo bears a deep symbolism because it can show a place or event that takes place in a certain place and is important to you.
Yin Yang tattoo
This Chinese symbol represents a great balance in the universe. Good and bad things combine and create harmony. It can traditionally be represented in black and white tones, but there are other variations of this symbol.
The Yin Yang Lotus symbol represents the unity of the Chinese and Buddhist symbols and means purity and perfection. Yin Yang's eye expresses the desire to seek peace and balance. The Yin Yang heart symbol also reminds that love is one of the virtues.
Same elephant tattoos
This animal is sacred in many cultures and associated with well-being. Therefore, this design has always been fascinated by men and women. Elephants have a good memory, so the image of the elephant expresses wisdom and intelligence. If the elephant is depicted with a raised trunk, it means that the person is fearless and always alert to achieve the goals.
In addition, a tribal elephant symbolizes the connection to nature, the Dali elephant tattoo expresses the desire to fulfill his wishes, and the cartoon elephant says that he enjoys a person's life.
This tattoo is simple but very symbolic. The tradition of tattoos with Roman numerals comes from the Roman Empire, where they had a negative meaning. However, there is a positive statement today. Two friends can see these tattoos as a sign of a special story that is important to them.
A diamond has always been associated with strength, strength and dedication. In Buddhism, the diamond is the middle of the universe, and in the Middle Ages it was a lucky charm against evil forces and the symbol of purity. Depending on the color, a diamond tattoo can have the following meaning:
- A black diamond expresses love and strength.
- A red diamond represents passion and desire.
- A white diamond means purity and loyalty.
- A blue diamond overcomes depression.
- The diamond in a box expresses wealth and power.
Friends select any design to highlight the strength of their friendship.
An arrow tattoo means protection, so friends who wear this pattern show that they are always protecting each other. Another important meaning of the arrow, according to Indians, is friendship, which is difficult to break. In addition, the arrow means to make progress despite the struggles in life and shows the ability to succeed. In addition, everyone knows the Cupid's arrow, so this design shows love.
Music notes tattoo
Usually this tattoo means love and passion for music. This tattoo also reminds of timelessness and expresses a happy attitude to life. Strong emotions such as love, devotion, passion are also associated with music, so a tattoo of notes can create this meaning.
In addition, the purpose of the music is to evoke nostalgic memories, so friends who take this tattoo always want to show that they are in each other's hearts.
Geometric shapes (a triangle)
Geometric tattoos are very popular with friends, but the most desirable figure is a triangle. In Christianity, this figure represents the sacred triad. Triangle symbolized wisdom for the currents.
When the triangle points upwards, it is associated with masculinity and acts as a sign of fatherhood. If you look down, it's a symbol of femininity and motherhood. In addition, this geometric figure means harmony and creativity.
Cartoon tattoo characters
Cartoon characters mean a carefree lifestyle, the ability to be content with simple things. For friends, it can be a symbol of childhood and sweet memories. Most people select Disney comic book heroes to maintain their friendship.
Tattoo placement and styles
For top friends, tattoos can be worn on the ankles, feet, hips, chest, arms, wrists, neck, fingers, back and ribs. Everything depends on design, size and style. There are many tattoo styles, but in most cases top friend tattoos are created with the following styles:
- A traditional style means straight and thick lines, a limited range of colors and multiple designs.
- The watercolor style refers to chaotic splashes and color lines as well as blurred lines.
- The tribal style uses straight black lines, symmetry and geometric shapes.
- A modern school style means cartoon-like designs with extravagant features and dimensions.
- A neo-traditional style involves merging several styles that are inspired by the 2D or 3D layout.
- Dotwork style means that small dots form the design.
- A geometric style uses symmetrical shapes, straight and sharp lines to create a holistic design.
- It has a Gothic script style and complex fonts.
- The Celtic style includes tattoos made from Celtic knots that can appear as spiral or trinity knots.
If you want to continue your friendship, use one of these designs.