This spicy slow cooker chickpea pepper has a taste of sweet potatoes and smoky chipotle. No roasting means simple preparation! Perfect for vegan, gluten-free and food preparation.
When the weather is kind, I want more than a kind bowl of pepper. Some of my family's favorites are: Crockpot White Chicken Pepper and the Vegan crockpot pepper. We also love this spicy slow cooker chickpea pepper that warms to the toes!
With this reader, you can easily prepare your favorite recipe: no roasting means that you can cook quickly or prepare ingredients and keep them in the fridge or freezer until they are cooked!
It is not only tasty, but also savory, which is very important for herbal recipes. You will definitely not be hungry for a large bowl of this chickpea pepper, for sure!
While it's spicy in writing, you can cut down both mellows and adobo sauce in the fridge and skip the chipotle to reduce the spice content.
Causes of this spicy chickpea pepper
- Vegan, gluten-free and milk-free
- a bomb with full flavor
- works incredibly well for food preparation: enjoy leftovers or use them as a freezer
Do not forget, Pin this post save later!
Let's talk about materials!
There are several ingredients in this chickpea pepper, but most are pantry or fridge clips.
- Süßkartoffeln- 4 cups of roughly chopped cubes, 1 large or 2-3 smaller ones. I abandon the skin open
- Veggies Onion, carrot and garlic
- canned goods chopped tomatoes and tomato sauce (sometimes called passata and not mixed with ketchup)
- Adobo sauce comes from a box of chipotle peppers. If you want to increase the spice content, you can add a chopped chipotle pepper.
- baharat- ground pepper, ground cumin and salt.
Food preparation tips
This vegan chickpea pepper is ideal for the preparation of dishes. Here are some tips to help you:
- frozen casserole– You can pre-assemble all the ingredients and freeze them as a freezer. When you're alert to cook, thaw and then cook as directed! This saves a lot of time on the day of the cook.
- leftovers– You can also pre-cook and warm up during the week. The residue can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Abbreviations– Use chopped garlic and frozen chopped onions as an abbreviation for this meal.
- Immediate crucible– Yes, you can also cook this in the instant pot, but if you have 6 liters, you will need half the recipe! Instructions can be found on the recipe card.
Find my favorite slow cooker, cookware, and more my shop!
Can I replace chickpeas?
Sure, you can trade black beans! Chicken thighs can also be used in this recipe (low for 5 hours and chop after cooking).
How can I reduce the spice content?
Never conclude chipotle pepper and pull out adobo sauce. In fact, liquid smoke can be a better option as you can obtain that smoky taste without seasoning.
Reader Samantha also used 2 tablespoons of adobo spice instead of sauce.
* Since this pepper is in the refrigerator for 1-2 days, the desserts are noticeable at the spice level.
Which toppings go well with this pepper recipe?
As with most pepper recipes, it's all about toppings! Here are some of our favorites:
- Avocado or guacamol
- Yogurt or coconut yogurt
- tortilla chips
Vegan crockpot recipes
Spicy chickpea pepper video
Wondering how this recipe came together? Watch this 1 minute video for a good picture. More recipe videos can be found here: Youtube channel,
Spicy slow cooker chickpea pepper (+ instant pot)
Simple and delicious 8-10 hour slow cooker pepper, packed with chickpeas and sweet potatoes and seasoned with chipotle and lime. Ready to go to work from work!
- 28 oz chopped tomatoes (828 ml)
- 13.5 oz Tomato sauce (400 ml)
- 4 tablespoon Adobo sauce (see note *) + 1 diced chipotle pepper (spicy)
- 2 tablespoon pepper powder
- 1 Eating spoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.2 Cup camp
- 5 cups Süßkartoffelwürfel (Cut into 1 large or 2-3 small sweet potatoes in 1.5-2 inch cubes)
- 4 cloves garlic (Chopped)
- 2 small onions (Chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 19 oz Canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- Coriander leaves
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- tortilla chips
Place all ingredients on the bottom of the 5 liter slow cooker. Mix with a spatula until everything is completely mixed.
Let it cook for 8-10 hours at the lowest setting.
Mix lemon juice before serving.
Serve with avocado, coriander, yoghurt / sour cream and tortilla chips.
* You must halve the recipe for a 6 liter instant container as it exceeds the full restrict. Or make a full batch and freeze half of the uncooked recipe later *
Throw all of the ingredients (from half a batch) into the instant cup and mix until everything is well mixed.
Cook for 10 minutes at high pressure, then a natural swing (I pulled my IP out of the socket and let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then I released the remaining pressure).
Collect all the ingredients in a large freezer bag, a reusable silicone bag or a food preparation container. Squeeze the air and freeze it for up to 3 months.
When you're alert to cook, completely dissolve before cooking, as mentioned above.
Nutritional information does not contain any toppings
* Try 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce for a light version
** Try 4 tablespoons of adobo sauce + 1 chopped chipotle pepper for a spicy version
servings: 1/ 8 batches | calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 37G | Protein: 9G | Fat: 4G | Sodium: 645mg | Potassium: 296mg | Life: 9G | Sugar: 11G | Vitamin A: 5840II | Vitamin C: 8.17mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 4.6mg